develop your skills
Learn how to apply your craft and develop important skills needed in the creative workforce!
Build your portfolio
Work on real projects that contribute to the community, giving you valuable experience to kickstart your career!
Network with artists
Collaborate with creative professionals and learn about different artistic avenues!
CREATE is an immersive 12-week work placement designed to enrich creativity and self-development in young people.
Whether you are a student studying in a creative field or a new graduate looking for career opportunities in the media, communications and arts sectors, CREATE exists to help you further develop your skills, build your portfolio and ultimately, empower you to find clarity and purpose in your creative passions and pursuits
- Develop copywriting and creative writing skills
- Develop your craft in photography or filmmaking
- Build experience in communications and event management
- Learn about editorial research and curation
- Learn about digital marketing and strategy
- Build a creative portfolio + more!
what you'll receive
- Industry experience and training in the areas of: writing, marketing, photography, video production, journalism and events management
- Opportunities to network with creative artists and professionals in Melbourne
- Opportunities to become a regular contributor at conclusion of the program
- An Achievement Certificate
- A Professional Reference
- Free passes to Laneway Learning classes
- Free annual members subscription to The Mentorship
- Studying in a creative discipline or newly graduated and job-hunting
- Willing to commit a minimum 10 hours per week on assigned projects (outside rostered shift hours)
- Fortnightly availability for meetings and evening shifts (5:30-9:30pm) within the Melbourne CBD
- Regular access to a computer and the Internet
** APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED **
Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations), Swinburne University
Bachelor of Communication (Media), RMIT University
Bachelor of Arts, Melbourne University